Found at Nose in a Book many months ago but never done.
1. Do you remember learning to read? How old were you?
No I don’t remember learning to read. I don’t think my parents remember either. I’d guess about 6. I remember being the best and fastest reader since at least age 7 or 8 so I’m sure once they taught us in school I took to it fast.
2. What do you find most challenging to read?
Any book over 300 pages. I don’t like long books and I know a lot of you wouldn’t consider a 300-400 page book long but it is to me.
3. What are your library habits?
We go every Thursday. I put books on hold from home on Monday so they are ready for pickup on Thursday. I often purchase something at the library sale each time too.
4. Have your library habits changed since you were younger?
I go more often now that I read more and read faster.
5. How has blogging changed your reading life?
It’s given me all kinds of friends who read (even if I don’t see them in real life) and it’s give me LOTS of free books!
6. How often do you read a book and not review it on your blog? What are your reasons for not blogging about a book?
It’s fairly rare that I don’t finish a book and therefore review it. Only rarely would I review a book I didn’t finish. It’s happening more now that I read more but unless it’s an ARC I’m not worried if I don’t finish and review it. For ARCs, there is only one book I’ve had trouble finishing but I’m going to give it another go before I call it quits.
7. What percentage of your books do you get from new book stores, second hand books stores, the library, online exchange sites, online retailers, other?
2% from new book stores, 3% from online retailers, 10% from online exchange sites 40% from second hand book stores and 45% from library
8. What are your pet peeves about the way people treat books?
I really dislike when people write in books, even names and addresses and sometimes inscriptions. If it’s from an author fine but from a family member who gave it as a gift, I don’t like it. I also don’t like underlining or highlighting. Dog earing is a great idea but it bugs me less than the others.
9. Do you ever read for pleasure or for work?
I always read for pleasure! I don’t work or go to school so all reading is for pleasure.
10. When you give people books as gifts, how do you decide what to give them?
I just try to match it up with their interests or I slip in a question that finds out if that type of book would be interesting to them without them realizing that I plan to give it to them as a gift.
That was fun! I don’t know who has or hasn’t already done this meme, probably everyone else. So if you happen to be reading this and haven’t done it and want to, please do! But be sure to give me the link so I can read it.